Sûreté de fonctionnement
The management of risks is a prerequisite for safety.
In order to be able to manage the risks due to the characteristics of the system it is necessary to manage RAMS.
In France the quantitative proof of functional safety („Sûreté de fonctionnement") is subject to detailed requirements and to a procedure determined by the authorities. Since we are particularly specialized and can offer a comprehensive know-how in this field, AEbt has created a separate department for the „Sûreté de fonctionnement" technology.
To comply with the high requirements to the RAMS management for the proof of safety during a system's whole life-time cycle, the methods of quantitative fault-tree analysis (FTA) and the methods of type of error status, type of error impact and criticality analyses (FMECA) are highly accepted.
By applying deliberately the methods and tools of verification management, we assess for you the following analyses:
- risk analyses (PHA);
- reliability analyses;
- availability analyses;
- maintainability analyses; and
- safety analyses
in conformity with CSM directive EC/402/2013 and the railway specific standards on RAMS (EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129).
As a result of these analyses we provide you with the following:
- evaluation of safety, availability and maintainability requirements;
- review of common cause failures (CCF) and critical active chains;
- review of the potential breakdown of the safety responsibility in individual sub-systems and component parts;
- review of allocation of safety requirement levels (SIL) to sub-systems and component parts;
- specification of the inspection requirements (inspection object, time interval between inspections).